Frustrated because you can’t attract and increase customers for your business? You’re not alone.
Many female entrepreneurs admit to feeling frustrated and discouraged. Unfortunately,some stay that way.
You try new tactics every week, yet nothing seems to work. The good news is, there’s an answer.
You can attract and increase customers for your business if you use the right tactics and strategies.
Ready to turn your fortunes around? Let’s dive in!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything using my links, I may get a small commission. Thanks!
1. Know Who You Are Trying To Attract
How do you attract your first customers if you are a new business owner?How do you let people know that your business exist? That’s a question that plagues many new entrepreneurs.
Some entrepreneurs who have been in business for a while can also have some problems attracting new customers.
Maybe you got some customers when you first started your business,but things seem to have slowed down and you find yourself struggling to grow your business.
What can you do to turn things around?
The first step to attracting your ideal customer is to create a customer avatar.Yeah I know. You’re probably sick of hearing this, but it’s the truth.
Here are two reasons why you need to define your potential/ideal customer:
- You can create the right content and marketing message to help you reach the right people.
- Creating the right content for the right people will lead to better conversions.
As you can see, identifying your ideal customer can be very beneficial for your business.
So how do you define your target audience?
Start by answering the following questions:
- What is your market demographic?Are you trying to reach single moms, moms of tots or graphic designers?
- What is the need of this market? What are their pain points(e.g. how to build an audience, how to market their products without a large marketing budget)?
- What problem do you solve for your customers or clients?
- Who needs the solution that your business provides?
- Who are your competitors? What do they offer to the market?
The answers to these questions will help you tailor your marketing message and content so you can target and reach the right people.
After you define your target audience or ideal customer, the next step is to come up with a plan to get on their radar.
2. Build Brand Awareness
No matter the quality of your products or services, if your potential customers or clients don’t know that you exist, you won’t be in business for very long.
First, what is brand awareness? Brand awareness refers to the degree to which your potential customers are aware of your brand (business), and your products or services.
So how do you build brand awareness?
There are many strategies you can use to attract the attention of your potential customers, let’s look at some of them.
How to Build Brand Awareness
1. Get Social – Social media marketing is one of the easiest ways to gain visibility for your business.
If you’d like to see some success from your effort, the first thing you need to do is to choose one or two platforms to focus on.
With so many social media platforms out there, you can easily waste a lot of time trying to build and engage with your audience.
Figure out where your potential customers hang out and start from there. The big four platforms are Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
The key is to create engaging and useful content that will help you to attract the attention of your target audience.
2. Content Marketing – Creating and sharing content that educate your customers is one of the most effective strategies you can use to build brand awareness.
Some types of content you can create include blog posts, videos, infographics etc. As long as you’re providing value for your customers,the format doesn’t really matter.
However, it’s a good idea to know how your customers prefer to consume information so you can create content in their preferred format.
In this post, how to create an effective marketing strategy, you can find more information about social media marketing and content marketing. I suggest you check it out.
Two tips to remember when creating content: Create beautiful and appealing graphic, and make your content easy to share.
3. Guest Posting – Another way you can get your name out there is through guest posting on bigger websites. I haven’t used this strategy but I heard it can be very effective if done right.
Here are some resources to help you get started:
4. Paid Social Media Advertising
If you have a budget for it, paid social media advertising is an effective strategy to build brand awareness.. You can use it to jump-start the process or combine it with other strategies.
The key is to have well-defined goals and to understand how social media advertising works. Facebook and Instagram ads are two of the most popular types of social media ads.
It’s very easy to waste a lot of money if you don’t know what you’re doing. If you’re a new business owner, I suggest you first try other strategies before jumping into paid advertising.
If you’ve tried other strategies and you have a marketing budget, You can consider this option.Check out the blog posts below to help you get started.
Some other strategies you can use to build brand awareness include: search engine marketing, partnering with other businesses, attending networking events, and traditional advertising in your local newspapers or magazines.
Congrats. Your potential customers are now aware that you exist. What next? The next step is to wow them bu giving them a lot of value.
3. Create Value for Your Customers
Do you give your customers what they need more effectively than your competitors?
Do you know what’s important to them? For example, trying to sell a “How to make $10,000 in a month course,” when your audience or customers want to know how to build an email list.
Before you can create value for your customers, you must know their pain points and the kind of solution they are looking for.
One way to find their pain points is by asking them. You can do this with a survey or a Q and A session on social media.
Another thing you can do is to pay attention to the kind of content they consume, or the kind of content they engage with the most.
Don’t forget to pay attention to what they are buying, or the services they request often.
How to create value for your customers
1. Create something useful that solves a real problem. I like this quote by Josh Kaufman in The Personal MBA.”Every successful business creates or provides something of value that other people want or need.”
If you’ve ever bought a product or paid for a service that didn’t live up to its promise, you know how disappointing it feels.
So make sure your offerings actually help your customers solve their problem.
2.Use a pricing strategy that is fair and makes sense for your audience. We all want to make money in our business. Some of us want to make a lot of money, others just want enough to quit their jobs or meet some other goal.
However, if you’re serious about creating value for your customers, your prices should reflect that. Every market/industry has a price a range.
Figure out the segment of the market you want to serve. Do your customers fall on the low, mid or high price range? Price accordingly.
Make your customers feel like they are getting a lot of value at a fair price, while maximizing your profits. That way, you’d be creating a win-win situation.
Having a lot of satisfied customers will lead to a higher customer retention rate and referrals for your business. This means more sales and increased profits for your business.
3. Focus on your most valuable/current customers. Do you know it’s easier and cheaper to retain customers than to gain new ones?
Too many entrepreneurs spend a lot of time trying to attract new customers that they forget about their existing customers.
Instead of trying to attract new customers all the time, come up with strategies to keep your existing customers.
Think of new products or services you can create to help your customers. Also focus your marketing strategies on attracting new customers that are similar to your existing customers.
That’s why you need to track your business performance.
Check your analytics. Where do your customers come from? Focus your marketing efforts on the things/places that give you the highest return on investment.
4. Create a good customer experience
Creating a good customer experience is another way you can create value for your customers.
Use the questions below to help you create or improve your customer experience.
- Do you make it easy for your customers to buy from you?
- Do you provide multiple payment options?
- Is your return policy fair?
- Do your customers feel valued? Are you courteous?
- Do they know how to contact you if they have a problem, or are thy forced to leave messages on your Facebook and Instagram posts?
- Do you answer inquiries on time?
- Do you respond to feedback in a defensive way?
- Do you respond to your customers concerns or are you dismissive?
These are some of the ways you can create a good customer experience. Your customers want to know that you care, and that you appreciate their business.
Find ways to show them that you value their business, and keep them coming back.
So there you have it. We discussed the steps you can take to help you attract and increase customers for your business.
Some of the steps include:
- Know your target audience
- Build brand awareness
- Create value for your customers
- Create something that solves a real problem
- Use a pricing strategy that’s fair
- Create a good customer experience
So, the question is, now that you know what to do to get more customers, which step are you going to execute first?
Are you struggling to attract or increase customers for your business? Have you tried any of the strategies in this post? Let me know in the comments.
Like this post? Share with your friends and followers on Pinterest, Facebook orTwitter!